Microsoft released a smallish update to the Windows Phone Xbox Music app today. Here’s a list of what’s included, straight from the horse’s mouth:
It’s easier than ever to start playback of your favorite tunes via our new Recent Plays feature!
- You can let your kids play music worry free, now that we’ve added support for music in Kid’s Corner! *Requires Update 1*
- It’s noticeably faster to launch & navigate about the app, particularly the songs, artists, and albums pages
- We also fixed several significant bugs, with a focus on:
- Album art & metadata reliability (more to come here!)
- Unexpected app exits & some black screens
- Playlists now shuffle from everywhere (not just first 100)
Future updates are hinted, to include some other much-wanted improvements:
- Live Tile support
- Performance improvements
- General UX improvements
Go grab it now!